Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Must read books...

Here is my list of books that i HIGHLY recommend specifically for parents who have children who struggle with autism. The last two are not focused on special needs, but i recommend them for ANY mom :)

-Children with Starving Brains: A Medical Treatment Guide for Autism Spectrum Disorder - Jaquelyn McCandless

-Finding God in Autism: A Forty Day Devotional for Parents of Autistic Children -Kathy Medina

-Playing, Laughing and Learning with Children on the Autism Spectrum: A Practical Resource of Play Ideas for Parents and Carers -Julia Moor

-God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos: Bringing Peace Home -Keri Wyatt Kent (not necessarily a book about autism, but a great book for encouragement and ideas on keeping the peace)

- Real Moms...Real Jesus: Meet the Friend Who Understands -Jill Savage (also not about special needs, but a great book for moms)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I think that we are doing the last book in our MTO group this semester!

Lola said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm really interested in leaky gut syndrome and it's effect as I think it's something that I really struggle with. If I eat something to much, I inevitably become allergic to it so it seems. I'm curious about how to heal oneself. I need to read up on it quite a bit more. Thanks for the info and the book suggestion.