Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Music

Our home will be filled with music! I love playing and listening and i know that my children as well have a keen curiosity with music. I took piano lessons as a youth, as well as flute and piccolo lessons for many years, so I'm excited to introduce the making of a beautiful noise into my boys life.
Thanks to Matt's parents we now have a very nice keyboard... and when i say nice... i mean like expensive, makes you almost feel like you are playing a real piano nice. The boys are almost excited as I am... hopefully they will feel that way when we start lessons :)



4 comments:

Alfie and Maria said...

Yay!!! I hope they stay excited about it :)

Lola said...

Oh my goodness, I'm a researching machine. I've been researching the gut now and it's incredible how big of an impact it has on our immune system and brain. Thanks for getting me onto this. Our whole family will start doing some proactive things to improve our gut flora now (although I'm the one who really needs it) I'm really reading about the GAPS diet now...

http://www.gaps.me/preview/?page_id=20

Marissa said...

so exciting! I loved having a piano and so did Aneliese, we were both a little sad when we sold it but once we are a little more settled, we will get another one. Music is such an important part of life!

Totally unrelated but I was wondering if you have any suggestions for travel friendly foods (we are going to a retreat this weekend and they have said that they would prefer we supply food for Aneliese.)

Kmarie said...

Hey, Thanks for emailing me again- I will try to email at the end of this crazy weekend! That is funny that you know Lola and Marissa too. Lola helped birth both my sons, she used to also attend a gals book group I had at my house for a few years ( I miss her so much!)
Reading the gut things- I would love any information you have on that too. At our book group we used to discuss stuff like that and I miss it so much. You can just forward me anything you sent to Lola or bulk email us. ( I know they would not mind)
Anyway, I do really appreciate the last email and I am looking forward to chatting again!