Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heaven

I'm not sure how you envision heaven... if there will be streets of gold and big magnificent buildings, but i can tell you what I think heaven will be like. When i look at God's creation all around me and nature, i don't imagine heaven as man made. I think that in heaven there will be mountains and trees and trails winding along beautiful rivers, sunsets and sunrises, clear blue oceans teaming with life, beautiful flowers and yes, i even think there will be animals in heaven. Not animals that have died here on earth (sorry Coco... as much as I loved you as a child.. i just don't think you will be in heaven), but i think that God likes animals and finds pleasure in them. I think earth is a mere blurred reflection of heaven and that nature is going to be even more beautiful then we can even imagine there. So until the day where i can go on hikes with Jesus through heaven's wilderness, I can experience the joy of God's creation with my boys and be reminded of God's beauty, grace, power, master craftsmanship, and how this is just my temporary home.

Someday, if you are hiking on the trails in the great northwest you may just run into our family, but if we don't ever meet on the trails here on earth, i sure hope to see you on the trails in heaven.





No comments: