Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

all over the place

This post is going to be all over the place so hold on.
This weekend was a great vacation for me. We had the opportunity to go to camp prime time. The boys had a great time and it was refreshing for me to not have to do so much housy stuff... but to just be able to enjoy my family. I'll post pictures later.. i just wanted to write a quick post.
Anyway I've been lacking some serious motivation lately. NOT ANYMORE. I just need to get 'er done! enjoy the life that God gave me, and be thankful for the little things. It's helpful that I've got a very full summer and lots to look forward to this coming fall (like my closest friend and her husband possibly coming to visit, a friend expecting her first little boy after having two girls). I do well when i have things to look forward to.
My niece is coming out for a 2 week visit. I'm excited to spend some time with some Minnesota family! I use to watch her all the time when she was just a wee one.. but i missed her being a little girl because of being away at school and then living out west. It's hard to be so far away and just hear about things over the phone, there is only so much you can do and so much you can connect through long distance. I'm more of a be there, do things type person. SO even though my mom and my sister think I will be spoiling my niece, I've got lots of things planned. It's not just about entertaining her... because I'm not concerned with entertaining her... i just like doing things and having her here gives me an excuse to have fun! And it's fun to be the Aunt out on the west coast that is a hippy who has a farm with all sorts of animals and likes to go to Seattle on day trips and spend time on the beach and in the mountains.
I'm so relieved that Daniel can hear. I've questioned on and off if he could.. and it always seemed like he could... but when people make comments about how they think he may not hear, i really questioned if maybe i was wrong and he had a hearing problem. Now i just need to call down to OHSU and see what is taking them so long on getting Daniel scheduled in.

We were at the grocery store yesterday and Joshua was being his usual exuberant and animated self. There was a lady there that made a comment to her husband that obviously that (my) little boy already had to much candy. I hugged Joshua and said loudly so that she could hear, "you don't eat candy do you Josh? You are just a happy and excited little boy and there is nothing wrong with that." I'm not sure if she heard it or not, but i was again reminded of how people who do not know him may view him.

Matt is now 100 percent on board with homeschooling Joshua, and he is even getting excited about teaching him things. He was okay with it before and he trusted my judgment.. but now he is firmly against public school for him. THANK YOU JESUS! *public school or private school are not total evil or a bad option, just for our family, it is not a good choice for our boys.


Well I'm going to go set up some sort of water play for the boys outside... it is such a nice day out there!

3 comments:

Kmarie said...

Old biddies in grocery aisles should watch their comments. Argh it makes me so annoyed. I got comments like that too from women who forget what it is like and think they no better. That I was thing I will not stand- judgemental viciousness. I am sorry you got some of that. Good for you for hugging your boy and giving her what's what. Sheesh the nerve of people trying to live someone else's life. Sorry that is all I can think upon. Give him a hug for me too:)

Kmarie said...

I meant KNOW better:)

Jamie said...

Ugh, I hate it when people make comments about other peoples' kids. SO RUDE! Way to walk through it with him though!

Thank you for the offer to let Keith visit if he's ever over that way! I don't think he'll ever have to drive that far... normally it's to Columbia Falls when he has to really go a long ways... but I'll tell him about it, and I'm sure the offer will bless him!