Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Friday, March 18, 2011

Thank you everyone for sharing about where you would give if you had the ability. It's interesting to see where heart's lean towards and it is so awesome that the body of Christ isn't just concerned, or wants to give towards one certain avenue, Not that i have 500 dollars to give away at this time (as my husband so aptly pointed out that people are going to assume that i have money to give by asking that question). I was thinking about what i would give towards if i had the opportunity and I would give to my favorite organization (as well as Matt's) Gospel for Asia. If you haven't heard of them you should check out the website. It's a really great ministry! Look into it!

Thank you K for the reading suggestion, i will have to look into that!

So how's life here? It's going pretty good. Spring is just starting here, the daffodils are coming up by the house but they are already blooming in town. The trees are turning pink with their blossoms and the days are getting longer. I like spring.. it's a season of hope and it always feels like my spirit is thawing and warming. My days are filled with bringing children to their allotted therapy times and preschool hours. I am looking forward to "spring break" and not having to drive someone somewhere everyday!!!! :) I've been enjoying reading fictional books lately for relaxing. I just finished the book Emma Brown, i really enjoy period pieces like that.
I've just started on Little Women, I've never read it, just watched the movie so I'm excited to read it and actually get more into the characters and the full story.

In farm news we will be getting a whole mess of barnyard poultry in about a month. 10 chickens, 2 ducks, 2 geese, and 2 turkeys. I'm excited for all of the eggs!!! We are thinking we might add a rooster into the mix but we aren't sure yet. Pippin, our pack goat, is going to be finding a new home here in a couple of weeks. We've decided that with his temperament ( hyper though he is a pretty good goat) and the fact that he has horns (it wasn't a problem when we was little, but now that he is full grown it is a problem). he will be going to a very nice couple who hike often and his company will be a bunch of milk goats, so i think he will be very happy. We are going to be getting another pack animal... and we are thinking that we would like to get a llama. We are going to be going to visit a llama farm tomorrow and talk to the owners. I'm excited to learn about another farm yard animal! This is the Llama that we are considering...



His name is Valentino; he is used to small children; he is the owners favorite, and he works with special needs children on a weekly basis. So... we are going to go and meet him and the rest of their llamas and just get our questions answered and see how the kids feel about the llama's size! Also as you know I have a dream of running a small farm where families with special needs children can come to be around animals... so if Valentino works out well with our kiddos, i know he'll be a great addition to the farm.

Let's see... Matt's been working hard on his business and it's been going very well. We actually get a lot of international interest and sales. If you haven't yet you should check his hydro electric business out... I'm just proud of him so i can't help but sharing!

That's it for today.. i know our life isn't that fascinating! but i like sharing anyway!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am a big fan of Gospel for Asia as well!

Thanks for the book!! I'm not diving in quite yet... I have gobs of library books to skim through just now... but I am really, really looking forward to it!