Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Friday, March 11, 2011

a rant on north americans...

I'm sure you have heard by now of the tragedy in Japan.
I was driving Daniel to therapy this morning and i was just weeping for the families who have lost everything. I was weeping for the days to come of the hardship that these people will have to endure. I have no idea what it's like to have everything literally washed away.
I was going through videos from various media outlets and one was from Santa Cruz , CA and they were doing this Ariel coverage of the effect that earthquake made on California. I guess there were like 15 recreational and fishing boats that were "ripped" from where they were anchored. The news reporter was speaking of it like it was a huge tragedy that these boats had been possibly destroyed. I just about threw up! SERIOUSLY... there are HUNDREDS of people who died, possibly will die in the next couple of days who have lost EVERYTHING and you are doing coverage on some millionaires ruined boats. Americans make me sick.. so self centered and ridiculous.
May God always keep my heart soft and my eyes open to the pain and suffering of others!

No comments: