Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Thursday, December 31, 2009

this and that

Our Happy birthday Jesus celebration went as well as could be expected. Once Matt got home from work we talked about how it was Jesus birthday and then we lit the candle on the birthday cake and sang happy birthday. Then we had birthday cake and ice cream and opened presents! I'm excited to do this every year with the boys! Here are some pictures of eating the cake!

Joshua excited about his gluten- dairy free cake and ice cream... YUMMY


As usual Daniel isn't to interested!


Elijah always asks before he eats something... "What's that?" We told him is was birthday cake and it was yummy but he wasn't very convinced.


I'm looking forward to this year. There is a lot of potential change. I don't really have any "New Years Resolutions". I guess if I had to pick a resolution to work on is to just be that much closer in step with the Lord. That is my highest goal, to be SO close to my savior that everything else just falls into place and that whatever storm or wave may be thrown my way I can say "It is WELL with my soul". Really... this world isn't my goal... this is NOT my final destination. Stuff is just stuff, and it's all going to burn away and rot and be forgotten, but my soul will live on. I think i will always be unrested until I'm with the Lord. I will never feel fully at home or at peace until then, which is okay. I don't want to be comfortable in the world... i don't want to feel like "I never want to die because i love it to much". The ONLY reason right now that I think would be hard to leave this world would be knowing that I would be leaving my wonderful husband and three beautiful boys behind (and various family and friends). But I know that God is a bigger than i can even imagine and He is more equipped to take care of them then i am. So my home isn't here... my heart does have a huge chunk here, but my home and my heart is set on Heaven and being with the Lord.

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked. -Psalm 84:10

1 comment:

Leanne said...

A fun tradition to start with your boys!

And Amen to your resolution!