Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Because someday i might write a book...

I have a friend, well I have a few friends, but this specific friend that I was talking to today is convinced that I am going to write a book about all of my "experiences" as a mom with fantastically wonderfully different kids. She also thinks I will be a motivational speaker.
I was telling this friend about our experience at church this morning ( which I LOVE LOVE LOVE our church family and the bonds we have made and how amazing they all are and how we are at church on average 1 to 2 sundays a month ( if we are lucky) but they are so loving and supportive (not just AT church) of our family). Anyway, run on sentence, rabbit trail, way to many ( ) sorry.

So I was telling her about how Daniel was being silly and crazy and running around and not listening at sunday school ( love his teachers, love all the helpers, this isn't about them, he was just being a stinker) so I once again left the adult sunday school class to go hang out with him. Honestly, I actually took a deep breath and had to hold back some tears before I left the class. Last fall he was doing so great and actually enjoying sunday school, but life is back and forth with him, so lately he has yet to get through a whole hour of sunday school without difficulty. This morning when I woke up I thought about not going, just so I wouldn't be disappointed with him if he wasn't able to handle it again. But i held unto hope and he said he wanted to go. So when he wasn't able to handle it, my heart sank a little and I felt defeated, I felt like we had gained so much ground with him, just to see it recede again.

When I found him, running away from the poor helper outside, I just stayed calm and we went back to the room to hang out. Calm... something I aim for these days.. just stay calm... life is different, and it's OKAY. Just stay calm. sigh.

So I tell her this story and she tells me that I need to write a book so I can encourage other parents who raise these amazing kids. And I told her I guess so.. but feel like i'm only in chapter 5 of my life book so it's going to take a while. I also will OBVIOUSLY need a very good editor.. because let's face it, my writing is terrible, BUT i've got some crazy awesome stories that I think would encourage other people.

And you my friends will be in my book.. my faithful friends (near and far) who have enriched my life with kind words and listening to my days and thoughts, and supporting me through the crazy times... maybe my words can heal, or help others not feel so alone. Because I know what it's like to feel alone, so I write this story down, because someday I might write a book.... and I want to remember.

1 comment:

Kmarie said...

Sounds beautiful and healing. Yes your stories are powerful and I ADORE that you do your part to heal the world and make it a better place. I am honoured to be your friend:)