Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Monday, September 26, 2011

Their eyes lit up when i took it out to fly. I remember having that same feeling.




I remember going to the park getting excited to see the colors soaring high above me.




It always hung in the garage waiting for a special free day, full of wind. And now it sits in my closet waiting for the same thing. I remember Marty bringing me to the park to fly it, just me and him. I use to think it was so big, and really the coolest kite ever. Today as it was soaring above us I was sad that my boys will never get to fly this kite with their grandpa Marty, or shoot off rockets or do any of the fun memorable things that he always did with me...




But at least i have the memory, and i can savor these moments with my children, making memories and knowing some day they are going to look back on these memories hopefully with the same fondness that i look back on mine with.

No comments: