Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Friday, March 22, 2013

My house today...

Would you like a tour?
Here is my world today and my house. My little manufactured home on the hill in the woods. It's not much, but i love it and it's ours... slowly.. very slowly we've been making it ours.

 
Elijah standing in the hole that Matt dug for our peach tree.
 
 
 
 
Some of my favorite things... a little bell that one of my old youth group girls got for me down in Mississippi, a little mini Eiffel tower she got for me in France... and some flowers starting in a cup. :)

 
One of my favorite randoms that i have in my house is this chicken wire basket.


 
Hard to see with the lighting but this is the boys room... i made this cute flag banner for around their room!
 
 
my kitchen!

 
living room

 
living room dining room kitchen area

 
living room again...

 
Old dining room turned play room...

 
More dining room turned play room

 
love these little figurines my mother in law has gotten for me over the years... this is in our room...

 
This violin is a family air loom... it actually has a really awesome history.. this violin gets a post of it's own. :)

 
Sorry it's blurry... the quilt on the top is one that i made and love! and we just got the cute little wood stove. We are keeping it in out room until we find the perfect home for it,
 

 
I found this homemade wall hanging at a garage sale for 3 dollars a few years ago and i could not pass it up.. so beautiful... Also the little teapot was made for me about 7 years ago when i was working with the youth in our church. Also i love the old iron... it's one of those heavy cast iron ones...

 
This is behind my fire place.. my little gnome man and lady... and a cool musical lantern i got from a antique fair.

 
Outside our home...

 
LLAMAS!

 
Our beautiful home... and shop...

 
behind the house... and stall area

 
our "backyard" in the works, there will be fruit trees and veggies and strawberries growing.
 
 

 
so that's my tour for you... my little home in the woods... we are trying to think of a name for our house and the area we live... something like " Enchanted forest" or something like that.. what do you think?

2 comments:

Kmarie said...

Sweet;) I have those figurines- love them;) the chicken wire is great too;)
It's really cute. I love the name too;) your hilltop haven is cozy.
Thanks for sharing!;)
Is it a one bedroom?

Called to Question said...

You have a beautiful home! What a view!