Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

To Daniel

 
 
6 years ago you entered the world, your dad thought you looked like a gnome, a hairy gnome... I thought you where the most beautiful child i ever set eyes on. Yep... even more handsome then your big brother. The doctors commented on how you where so big at 8 pounds 3 oz. We thought you were tiny! Of all of your brothers you where the smallest.. though i think you will end up to be the tallest.  You have taught me the most about myself. You have enriched my life for the better. You challenge me, you make me cry, you make me laugh. Your dad and i have spent a lot of time figuring out how to "fix you". And now we know after 5 years of wondering, what specific struggles you face, and it makes us love you more, and it makes us see that we are the ones that need to grow and learn. We love you son. We love everything about you and we are BLESSED to be entrusted as your parents. I only pray that we can be your voice and your advocate until you have the strength to step out on your own... and i know you will.. you are such a strong boy.. you have so much brilliance.. so much light. You my son, where born for great things, and we know you will touch many hearts through your journey of life.
 
 


3 comments:

Alfie and Maria said...

Happy birthday to Daniel! Hugs from Auntie Maria!

Kmarie said...

;) happy birthday! What a touching tribute from a loving mamma;)

Joel and Renée said...

Aww, so beautiful. Happy Birthday Daniel! ~Renee