Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Thursday, March 15, 2012

WIN!

After keeping my husband up unitl 2 am last night crying and just overall feeling very burdened i was blessed with little treasures today...

I mentioned the book " The well adjusted child; the social benefits of homeschooling" in earlier posts. I decided to ask Daniel's special ed teacher if she would be interested in reading it because it would give a proper perspective to her on homeschooling and socialization. She was very willing to read it, and i just heard back from her on what she thought about it... I'm just going to share what she told me...

Kristin,

Actually, I was just sitting down to write to you to tell you how much I enjoyed and appreciated the book. In fact, it made me think of how great it would have been for ME to be homeschooled! Being a "shy kid", I found pressures to perform along with the sometimes meanness of other kids to be overwhelming. Homeschooling makes a lot of sense for both Daniel & Josh. It's a thrill for me to see how much Daniel enjoys his friends and how he is motivated by the desire to be with them and enjoy the things that they enjoy. The element of the book that I really gained a new appreciation for is the importance of the family and how connected and grounded children are when they are taught by the people that love them and are invested in them the most. Thank you very much for lending me the book and helping me thinking more deeply about this issue.
I have to tell you that your kids are the luckiest kids in the world to have a parent with your perspective along with the talent and energy to follow through and really make their education happen in the most meaningful way possible. And, with Matt more in picture day to day, that just doubles the richness of all of your lives.


WIN!!! I love educating those in the public school system about homeschooling. YAY for support! One more person who doesn't perceive homeschool in such a negative light!
Just had to share my joy for the day! Oh and one of my favorite sites to see... which is a regular one, but i thought i would share...


The boys regularly congregate on our bed to play or snuggle with each other. This week they basically spent all week on our bed fighting a really terrible cold!!!

OH and another joy to share.. tonight Daniel was taking a bath and i asked him if he was done. he said "yea" in his way and then he got up and yelled " ALL DONE" ! I love when this boy is able to get words out... makes me such a proud momma! Step by step he's closer to learning how to use his muscles to form words to communicate with us! YAY DANIEL!!!

2 comments:

Kmarie said...

YAY DANIEL!!! SO happy.
Oh Kirsten- this whole post was amazing! Love it:) You did win and I am so proud of you!
What an encouragement!

Leanne said...

That's great! I love to see open-minded people.

Kristin, you are NOT alone in your journey. Yes, my journey is a bit different than yours, but I struggle with those same feelings of being overwhelmed and seriously inadequate on an almost daily basis. I hope it gives you a bit of comfort knowing that I'm still here and always thinking about you...and praying for you too.

Lots and lots of love to you!!!