Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ponderings on a June day

-Why is it that when our well starts acting up that's when i have the most laundry to do and the most dishes to wash? Not to mention.. i could really use a drink of water right now.. and brushing my teeth sounds so nice! Hopefully my hard working husband will get it up and going again here soon... really he doesn't need one more thing broken today.

- Speaking of my husband, Matt has been busy the last few days riping off the roof and putting a new one on. He works so hard... I wish i could help him more, but there is no way that i could be on the roof when our three little boys usually have some sort of crisis ever 10 minutes. I so appreciate all the work that he does, and i hope that this week on his vacation that he will actually be able to enjoy his vacation so we can go CAMPING!!!!! :)

- I lovin' having egg laying chickens around. What is hilarious is that Eleanor and Gertrude like to lay in the same box, so one will stand around and wait while the other is laying.. and then hop in as soon as the others out. We have plenty of other nesting boxes... I'm not sure why that one is so special.

-Can i just say that teaching a typical child is SO much easier then teaching a child with developmental delays. It's such a joy to have a little one catch on to something so fast. Though i love teaching Joshua and Daniel with all of my heart,and i love seeing them grasp concepts... It's nice to have an "easy" student in Elijah!

- For some reason i enjoy teaching my children in the spring and summer time more then in the wintertime. I think it's because there is so much more to do in the spring and summer and they seem more eager to learn during the warmer seasons. I have a feeling that a lot of their learning will be conducted in the summer time, though we still will do school in the fall and winter. I'm all for year round homeschooling with breaks here and there... if the boys are anything like me they will retain knowledge better by being consistent in schooling instead of taking a long break in summertime just to come back and have to relearn things forgotten.

-My yard is a disaster area... toys everywhere, desperately needing to be mowed as well as roofing material scattered here and there. I can't wait for Matt to get back from the dump with the empty garbage cans to pick up the rest of the roofing material on the ground!

-We were able to sell the old plywood from the roof... i was pretty excited about that prospect... i just wish there was some way we could have disposed of the shingles and roofing paper in a way they would be reused... through there may be something out there like that... i just haven't heard of anything yet.

-I'm still thirsty.... and the water is still not working.

No comments: