Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Man

he works so hard...

He ripped off the roof...


replaced all of the plywood...




And put on the roof paper and shingles...




All in a week, with a little help from his dad.. but mostly by himself and on his vacation.

Speaking of working hard... after spending a whole day at work in the office, he comes home, plays with the kids, helps me around the house and then spends the rest of his nights developing his business...


I love how we both have the same mindset. He found this cart at the dump when he was bringing in all the shingles he tore off the roof. It just needed new wheels.. we already had 2 that would work so 20 dollars later we have a very useable cart. I'm pretty excited about it...



He is such a GREAT dad... seriously.. this man knows how to raise little boys.



Elijah was as excited about Matt's new gun and he wanted to try to shoot it.. being the ripe old age of 2... he's not ready!

He is loving and supportive... here he is at his little sisters high school grad a couple of weeks ago...


He is so good for me...

I have been seriously blessed. Matt is my rock. My steady and loving man. My mom always said that she prayed that God would give me a husband that would makeup for my childhood... though my mom was a most FABULOUS mother and i would not trade her for the world, I think God answered her prayers.
Matt and I have a very solid and strong relationship. Honesty and love flow freely as well as encouragement and understanding. We do have our hard days, don't get me wrong, and there are times when i am extremely irritated with him, BUT, those times are few and far between and don't ever last long. I know this sounds strange but i use to feel bad that Matt and i had such a good relationship. Now I'm learning to be thankful that we can talk about things and work through things and that our issues are never huge or blown out of proportion. I am not an easy person to live with by any means. I get cranky on lack of sleep, I'm sick on and off, i can be negative often, among many other things. But he loves me through my shortcomings and when he is upset with me, it isn't for long. I think before we got married, we talked out things to death about different situations and what our reactions would be to them, also we clearly layed out that divorce is NOT a word in our vocabulary... so we would be stuck for life, no options. We joke that our dating was just one big interview, and there are times we wish that we would have lightened up a little bit.. but i think that our foundation wouldn't be so strong otherwise. Right before we were married we had premarital counseling from the college which went very well ( EVERY couple should get pre-marital counseling before marriage)... and we also had to meet with the pastor of the church we were marrying at for a premarital counseling session. We filled out little surveys and then went in. He was amazed that we were on the same page about everything and that we had talked about everything before we decided to get married and he told us we would do well. If you know Matt at all, you know that he is a serious guy and he doesn't go into many things lightly. He didn't date in high school because he knew that he wouldn't be marrying any of those girls and he didn't want to break their hearts. I wish that my high school career in the dating department was a little more shiny, but all in all i dated very little and kept my heart for the man i would marry. He is faithful and loving. He makes me want to be a better person. He lovingly pushes me to greater things.
Anyway.. I know is ridiculously long.. i just wanted to share that I LOVE MY MAN, he is SO good for me... and also i thought i would share one of the songs that he always sings to me ... it's pretty hilarious...

* now this song is not a very conservative song... just warning you if you've never heard it.. and sorry if i scarred you for life telling you that he likes to sing this song to me... but it's nice to feel wanted :D and what would a blog be without some over sharing??!!!!

1 comment:

Kmarie said...

Love this heartfelt happy tribute and love the song! So sweet. THAT IS LOVE:)