Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

points

-I'm going to start a small petting zoo/farm for families with special needs children and I'm going to call it "Chasing Ducks" (i have a post in mind for this that i will share my thoughts on later)

-I love it when all the boys flock to the shop to help their daddy with special projects

-We are still homeschooling BUT we are doing some "schooling" in the traditional sense with Joshua going to a christian preschool 3 times a week for 45 min a time so that he can be with peers and understand how to play with kids his age (they are 4 years old and he's 5 going on 6 but it works well). Daniel will be working with a speech and occupational therapist 3 times a week also... we are hoping that we can build him up to an hour at a time, so 3 hours a week. We are hoping that he will eventually tolerate me not having to be there for the whole time for him to feel comfortable. I'm fine with going at his pace, I'm just not looking forward to the driving... but I know that this could possibly be a great thing for him. Time will tell how this all works out.

-Matt is thinking the he wants a Llama as a pack animal instead of a goat because llamas can carry more weight. I don't mind either way as long as i get my baby cow in the spring time! :)

-Speaking of my husband, HE IS AMAZING and i am so thankful for him and his love and devotion to our family.

-We were hiking a couple of weeks ago and ran into a boy scout troop. One of the boys came up to us and was talking to us about our goat. Later on Matt commented on how he bet that boy was home schooled because he just came right up and was talkative and had a bible in his hands. He said it like it was a negative thing. Can you tell Matt was public schooled? So i commented on how i thought it was nice that the kid actually talked to people, had manners and didn't sit on his phone texting and ignoring life around him like the vast majority or teens and preteens. I have lots of work to do with Mat to show him that home schooled kids are cool and much more fun to be around! :)

- I'm excited for all of my friends who had babies, having babies, and trying to have babies! Fun and exciting times ahead! :)

-And that's it for now! More on my farm ideas later!

BLESSINGS!

No comments: