Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Monday, August 2, 2010

dentophobia


When i was younger i had lots of dental work done... a retainer for a couple of years and then braces. I didn't mind going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and i even sometimes enjoyed it. My last visit to the dentist was shortly before Matt and I married, 7 years ago. 7 years has done a lot to my teeth... well i should say 3 pregnant has done a lot to my teeth, between cravings of starlight mints and lemons and a strange obsession with wanting to brush my teeth 5 times a day. I'm not sure when it started, but I've been scared to go to the dentist. And now finally i can put it off no more. This morning while i was flossing and then brushing my teeth i noticed a big hole... one of my fillings was gone. SIGH.. i thought to myself, now i HAVE to go to the dentist. I called up my friend maria for moral support (thanks maria) and then called to make an appointment. I go in tomorrow... Maybe i should have looked up a dentist that does sedation dentistry. Either way... not excited about tomorrow, but i know that i will survive. Hopefully they will be nice to me and I'll be able to overcome my slight case of dentophobia. :S

1 comment:

Leanne said...

The most interesting thing about this post was your cravings for Starlight mints and lemons!!!

Funny!

I hate to go to the dentist too. I'm with you on this one. I'll pray for you tomorrow, okay?

Do not fear or be dismayed......you know that perfect Love casts out all fear!