Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I've been browsing schooling curriculum for my boys lately. Everything that i find i either don't like, WAY to expensive, or it just doesn't fit Joshua or Daniel. Solution? Create my own curriculum. Time consuming? YES. Worth it? Of Course. I know that there is doubters out there and people who may think i am just off my rocker, but everything that i have searched for and found is all of what i have formulated in my head myself. And i can create it for about half the price, if not 75% less then what is being asked for the curriculum. I'm excited and nervous. Excited because i love doing new things and creating things, nervous because i know I'm going to get worn out and tired, and also nervous because i do worry about others opinions of me and my children. That is going to be a big hurdle to jump over. But i know that in the long run it will be better for my children and for me. I've been having fun this summer doing schooling with them and i am excited to get into it even more as the "school year" is almost here.



Anyway... life is busy and crazy and we are just trying to find a good balance of enjoying the journey at this time. So enjoy some pictures and i will try to update on our progress through life more often!


more shop


me and the big boys


Elijah enjoying some cheerios outside

3 comments:

Alfie and Maria said...

That is exciting. And you know I would probably be doing the same thing!

Alfie and Maria said...

And that's a really cute picture of you and the big boys!

Natalie said...

Fun for you Kristin! I didn't find what I wanted either, and so I'm doing something different for each subject. There are some programs where they sell you the whole set, but I don't like those, I'm mixing and matching! I'm excited to see how it goes for you!