Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For mom... the roof is almost complete!



I got an e-mail from Joshua's teacher. Well Joshua's former teacher. She wants to come for a home visit. Recently when she called i told her that we are homeschooling at this time but i would still like to work with the school and get ideas ect. So that explains the home visit. Anyway, I am just feeling a sense of dread. I always feel like i have to have my guard up and be defensive about my children. Like i have to prove that i deserve them and that i know what i am doing. It just stresses me out. But i know that there is no better mother and teacher for my children then me and there is no better situation for my boys then to be with their mom and dad.
I found a website that has been a treasure. For all of my friends out there considering homeschooling or wanting some advice on homeschooling, check out this website.
http://www.besthomeschooling.org/
If you have time this is a great article on preschoolers...
http://www.besthomeschooling.org/articles/bev_krueger.html

Summer days are coming to an end and we are just trying to soak up as much as possible. Call me crazy but I'm excited for cooler weather again and for some rainy days, mud puddles, and a warm fire crackling in the fireplace. :)

No comments: