Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Saturday, June 7, 2014

The first camping adventure of the season

Boys enjoying the fire
 
 


we camped near some "soda" springs...lots of minerals in the water as you can see! It was crazy to see it bubbling out of the ground!
 

 
We went and explored Chinnook pass... it is at about 5,000 feet elevation so there is still snow up there despite it being in the 60's.

 
Beautiful views for sure! This is the area Matt and I are going to do a "just us" backpacking trip later at the end of summer when all of the snow has melted!

 
 
Silver Creek Falls

 
My favorite boys

 
Mini me! He talks in his sleep like CRAZY... seriously he kept me up most of the night with all of his sleep talking. I'm just glad he doesn't sleepwalk like I use to!

 
Bear tracks... if you look closely you can see the point where the bears claws when into the dirt.. SCARY! Good thing we really only have black bears down in this area and not grizzl

 
Joshua found a frog...

 
I have NO idea what wild flower this is, but I just loved it so much! Any ideas my flowery friends?
 


2 comments:

Called to Question said...

Beautiful, glad you had fun. :)

Jamie said...

How fun!

That flower is bear grass, I think! We have them in the high places of north Idaho too!