Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Monday, November 18, 2013

5 years

When I first found out that you where a boy I cried. I cried because I was SO scared that you would have the same struggles as your older brothers.
God knew you...He knew you before He was forming you. He knew you as you were growing in that secret place when I was hoping and praying for you. He knew you would be a boy before I did. He knew you would have the heart that you do and most of all, He knew how we needed you in our family.
 
 
 
I can't believe 5 years have passed. I feel like you just got here, yet you have been here forever. You are full of such joy. You light up our life. You have been a healing balm to us all with your love, joy, and acceptance.
We love you son... and we are SO thankful for you.

 
Happy 5th Birthday Elijah.

3 comments:

Kmarie said...

Yay Happy Birthday Elijah! You are so precious!

Joel and Renée said...

Happy Birthday!! ~Renee

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin, Karine asked me to get your mailing address for her. She wants to send you a letter. You can email it to me if you'd like: andrea_darlene@hotmail.com
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Andrea