Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Food update

About 3 years ago we started down the gluten free path with Joshua. At first it was hard... wait who am i kidding.. it was VERY hard. Now it seems like a breeze at knowing what he can and cannot eat, though most of the battle is just figuring out something that he WILL eat. Though we switched Joshua over to being gluten free, the rest of us remained on the same diet that we have always had. Then when Daniel came along we discovered that he could not tolerate very much dairy (i forgot to add as well as Joshua) but he was fine with wheat. So up until about a week ago i was make on average 2 separate meals a meal time, sometimes 3 different meals. Let me tell you, that is super wearing... to figure out not only 3 normal meals a day but 3 GF/CF meals a day on top of that.. OY! Not to mention Matt is a bit of a picky eater when it comes to anything that grows on trees bushes or in the ground.
I finaly said THAT'S IT! I went off gluten for a month, i feel great and i decided the rest of us are going to mainly go off gluten as well. Just in the main meal making. For instance in making Chicken dumplings.. instead of normal biscuit mix I use GF mix... so far so good! we'll see what the next couple of weeks bring.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

You ought to post some of the mixes and packages you use that you really like.

Of course you know that I'm gluten/wheat free too, and try to be dairy free as much as I can, and I stand in the aisle at the grocery store, totally bewildered when I want brownies or cake or cookies!! I got some packaged, pre made cookies the other day and they tasted like SAND!!! Ugh...

So post some pictures of the brands of things you love!

I remember, when I first started the special diet about 4 years ago, how much better I felt within the first month!

Keep at it!!!