Children are not a burden to escape or endure; they are a blessing that drives us to Christ because we are incapable of parenting well without Him. - Kim Brenneman

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

So.. I am going back to school!! well kind of... as most of you know I homeschool my boys... and if you know us at all, or even just a little...  you know that our middle son Daniel is non-verbal so he communicates by sign language and the ipad. We've decided to plow ahead full steam with sign language for him as it is apparent that he will most likely not be able to communicate by speaking...

SO I am taking some intensive sign language courses and I am so excited! I have a very basic understanding of sign language (alphabet, numbers, colors, foods, simple phrases, ect).. but these classes will open me up to be able to teach my boys well and possibly give me job opportunities in the future ( interpretation, working with special ed. kids in future, teaching other parents, ect) .. SO excited to be learning new things that will open up new worlds for me and my boys!

3 comments:

Kmarie said...

Yay!!! U know Rachael did sign and loved it. I think it's a great fit for u too! So excited!

Joel and Renée said...

That's great Kristin! How exciting! I enjoy sign language too. What a great opportunity! ~R

Called to Question said...

I am signing 'Good Job' right now...or wait was that 'Good girl', whatever both work. :)